Peachtree Hills was subdivided from farmland in 1910 and officially designated a neighborhood in 1912. It was originally a streetcar suburb of Atlanta in the early 20th century. It was bounded on the north by the estates of J.A Plaster and J.A. Austin, which occupied the land between Junction Avenue and Lindbergh Drive. The J.A. Plaster estate became the site of the Peachtree Terrace subdivision located between Terrace Drive and Branch Avenue. In 1912, the Peachtree Hurst subdivision was built on the J.A. Austin estate and included a “good two-story residence facing Mayson Avenue” (now Lindbergh) that remains as one of the oldest homes in the area. Extending from Branch Avenue to the land lot line, Peachtree Hurst was “located on the crest of Atlanta’s future fashionable residence section.”
The Peachtree Hills Civic Association (PHCA) is a neighborhood association with a volunteer Board that works to make Peachtree Hills a safe, fun, welcoming place to live. PHCA began in 1987, when a group of neighbors sought to preserve its desirable attributes as growth intensified around it. Since that time, PHCA has been an active force in maintaining the neighborhood’s desirability, safety, and sense of community.