Do you love living in Peachtree Hills? Are you interested in volunteering to support our neighborhood? We have six board vacancies that need to be filled during our upcoming elections! We are fortunate enough to have a couple of interested candidates already, but we wanted to invite all neighbors to consider volunteering. Once each board position is filled, we will also be looking to create subcommittees for some roles, so there will be an opportunity for everyone looking to get involved. If you’re interested in either a board role or voluneering to help on a subcommittee, please reach out to us. Short descriptions of the PHCA Board Positions needing to be filled can be found below. Please email John Matthews (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the event that you would like to help in any capacity.
Peachtree Hills Civic Association Board Position Descriptions
*Elected board members serve two-year terms*
- The Social/Events Chair is responsible for planning and organizing events that enhance our neighborhood’s sense of community.
- The Secretary takes minutes at PHCA and Board meetings and emails them to the Board for review.
- The Security Chair manages the PHCA Security Patrol and acts as liaison between the Atlanta Police Department and PHCA.
- The Treasurer is charged with the direct management of the financial affairs of the PHCA, the maintenance of financial records, preparation of required financial statements, financial disclosures and returns, and filing required returns or financial disclosures.
- The Development Chair is a new role created combining two prior roles and deals with Zoning and Traffic issues. This includes responding to requests for zoning variances or subdivisions from home owners or other developments. In addition, helping engage on any traffic issues is also related to this role.
- The Infrastructure Chair is responsible for engagement related to streets, sidewalks, water, telecom and sewer issues.